About Fund it
Fund it is an all-island crowdfunding website for Ireland’s creative projects, giving everyone the power to help good ideas happen. Fund it is based in Ireland, run by Business to Arts, a not-for-profit organisation working to support resilience and transformation in the cultural sector through research, innovation and partnership.
Fund it is designed to support greater individual giving to the creative sector and facilitate pre-sales of creative projects. Crowdfunding serves to strengthen the bond between a creator and their audience which offers the potential for wider-ranging, long-term relationships.
Why Choose Fund it?
1. Fund it is based and provides employment in Ireland and has local experts in fundraising and the cultural and creative industries who will work with you to make your project ready for go-live.
2. Fund it is non-profit and so charges a basic fee of 5% to support the running of the site, and 3% to cover the transaction and other costs for processing your pledges. We charge no extra costs per pledge, and no charges are made unless a project reaches its funding targets within the allotted campaign time.
3. Fund it has one of the highest success rates for reward-based sites anywhere in the world. Our success rate has never dipped below 71%, against larger international comparator sites who range 32-46% success for their campaigns. If you know of a higher success rate for an all or nothing site, let us know!
4. Our success rate is consolidated by the ‘Moderation’ we provide each project. No project goes live on Fund it without at least one phone conversation with a project creator to talk through the project idea, test the fundability, check the campaign and communications plan and ensure your network is primed and ready to support your idea.
5. Because we’re Irish and based in Ireland, the funds realised for Irish creative ideas stays in Ireland. We know that c. 20% of the funds pledged to Fund it projects is coming from outside Ireland, so we’re genuinely bringing new income to the creative sector!