· Claremorris Open Exhibition (COE) is a Contemporary Art Exhibition and competition that has been running in the west of Ireland for 37 years. We bring art out of the traditional gallery space and into the public arena by using disused premises and encouraging site specific work throughout the town. · Our committee works year round on a completely voluntary basis to organize and produce a three week Exhibition every September. · COE '13 runs from 14th Sept - 5th Oct.
what we do?
· COE’s Artist-in-Residence program is a vital link between the community and the artists represented in the exhibition, and we are seeking funding to run this program successfully. · This year we have engaged arts facilitator Lisa Fahy as its 2013 Artist-in-Residence. She has been tasked with a goal that is to provide an engaging and accessible experience for visitors of all ages to COE’13 through interactive and hands-on gallery experiences, workshops, and guided tours. · During this time, our residency program will provide approximately 1. 40 tours for Local Schools (including a specialized Leaving Certificate 2. tour and a chance for students to meeting working artists), 3. numerous outreach program tours 4. workshops to schools, community groups and elderly care homes, 5. 15 lunch time snippet tours, 6. art workshops and interactive in -gallery experiences
These programs are provided free of charge to all.
· With the exhibition and all of the programming running over 18 days, the workload will be intense for Lisa and we are concerned with paying her accordingly.
What we need?
· We are seeking €2,800 to sustain this program for 2013. All money donated will go directly to pay the Artist and supply materials for all workshops and tours. · In the current climate it is proving very difficult for artists to get paid employment in their Field. We at COE ’13 believe that this the artist-in-residence is such a vital part of the entire event and we want to provide adequate compensation to our Artist in resident.
· Please Support the Arts they add so much to enhance everyday life Ireland has long been recognized for its creativity this must be nourished and encouraged in order to continue to prosper.
We look forward to meeting all our generous Funders in September for a wonderful exhibition.