Darklight is Dublin's leading festival of independent creative presenting a crossover of art, new cinema and digital culture, since its inception in 1999.
We've got big plans for Darklight's REBOOT this year. You can help us make these happen by buying an Early Bird Season Ticket in advance, or investing in your relationship with us further, by becoming a Darklight sponsor. We are delighted to offer you a Darklight Early Bird at a 40% discounted rate as part of our Fund:It Campaign.
Your Early Bird Ticket will bring you on an exploration of Digital Storytelling and the Anatomy of a Film. We are also delving into the evolving genre of hybrid documentary in our 'What's Up Doc?' segment. Darklight presents some festival gems, Irish Premieres, and superb speakers this year. Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Irish premier of the Directors cut - The Act Of Killing (with very special guests)
- Irish premiere - A Spell To Ward Off The Darkness (Ben Rivers and Ben Russell)
- Mozilla / Popathon Hack Days - Developers from Mozilla Foundation (US), Philo van Kemenade (UK) and Giles Pradeau (Portugal) of Popathon
- Darklight Symposium with Anna Higgs Film 4.0 and special guests
- Journey to the End Of The Night, presented by 'Make and Do' - Dublin's first free street chasing - game of epic proportions
- 'The Broadcast Imagination' - Panel discussion with Maeve Connolly, Linda Doyle and Jessica Foley and Rebecca Foley
- Screening of three new experimental documentaries by Pat Collins, Vivienne Dick and Tadhg O' Sullivan with post screening Q&A
- Saturday Night Party Event with Forza Italo, Skinny Wolves and Simon Bird
- Previously unscreened in Ireland - Award Winning Sunday Shorts Programme
- Screening of over 200 Original Animated GIFs and Darklight's Awards Ceremony
Our Fund:It video fits into our festival strand involving digital storytelling. It is the result of a collaborative project between us and the many amazing filmmakers, directors, producers, artists and creatives that have participated in Darklight over the last 15 years.
We invited our Darklight 'hall of famers' to re-imagine an iconic scene from a film of their choice. The challenge presented, was to capture this scene in a 6-second vine. As always we invite your participation, and challenge our audience to identify the film clips created!
Smithfield is Darklight's festival-hub and HQ. We are delighted to be collaborating and partnering with the many creative spaces and venues in the area, such as Block T, Generator, Lighthouse Cinema and Third Space Cafe, as well as bringing Darklight angel-dust via our Cinemobile to Smithfield Plaza. Help us continue our mission of presenting cutting-edge practices synonymous with the continuing evolution of moving image storytelling and audience engagement. Ensure your ring-side seat now by investing in your discounted Early Bird Season Ticket. We look forward to Darklighting with you 24 - 27 April, Smithfield.
Thank you for your support.