110% Funded

0%

Target: €2500

100%

€2,755 Raised

Complete

52 Funders

The Well Review Issue Two

By Sarah Byrne

description

The Well Review is a biannual print publication that publishes Irish and international poetry, art, interviews and experimental work. We published Issue One in February 2017 and it was launched at the Cork International Poetry Festival. We have also hosted several events in Cork this year including Sinéad Morrissey's book launch at the Cork City Gaol, and we also partnered with The West Cork Literary Festival for an event with Maggie Smith and Doireann Ní Ghríofa.

We are now preparing Issue Two for publication. Our second issue will feature a mix of Irish and international poets and artists. We will run a special on female voices in Bosnian poetry and our cover artist is a South Korean illustrator renowned for his poetic style. A further unique feature of Issue Two will be how we present our featured writer. We will reveal their identity at the conclusion of the FundIt campaign!

We want to make our journal exciting, fun and intelligent but it also needs to be sustainable and we are appealing for help to meet 40% of the costs of this issue. We are always thinking to the next issue and your support will also enable us allow us to continue publishing The Well Review. This security will also make us eligible for other types of financial support down the line, such as Arts Council funding.

Whilst our focus is on Issue Two right now, we've so many exciting plans for subsequent issues, and we hope that you can help us at this crucial stage. We self-funded 75% of Issue One and the remaining 25% was raised through individual and business patronage. All support generated through this FundIt campaign will be spent on author and artist fees and printing and distribution costs attached to the production of the journal.

Thank you for reading about our plans for Issue Two. Whether you have chosen to donate due to a love of literature and the arts, or for other reasons, we are very grateful for your support, and we hope that you enjoy The Well Review!

 

You can read more about the journal here:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/the-well-review-an-arts-journal-springs-up-in-cork-1.2967911

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/three-irish-poets-dominate-forward-prize-shortlist-1.3116587

http://www.thewellreview.com/

 

rewards

activity

there has been no activity on this project yet.

this is more than likely because the project has just been posted to the website. Keep an eye on this page as any updates will be posted here by the project creator.

funders (52)

There are 42 public funders of this project


There are 10 anonymous funders of this project

anonymous

anonymous

anonymous

anonymous

anonymous

anonymous

anonymous

anonymous

anonymous

anonymous